The acquisition of tense-aspect morphology (Shirai, Slobin & Weist)

Kevin Durkin kevin at psy.uwa.edu.au
Wed Mar 10 09:59:09 UTC 1999

First Language is pleased to announce the appearance of a Special Issue:

The acquisition of tense-aspect morphology

Edited by: Yasuhiro SHIRAI, Dan I. SLOBIN & Richard E. WEIST

Contents:

Introduction (Yasuhiro Shirai, Dan I. Slobin & Richard E. Weist)

The role of input vs. universal predispositions in the emergence of
tense-aspect morphology: evidence from Turkish (Ayhan Aksu-Koc)

The emergence of tense-aspect morphology in Japanese: universal
predisposition?  (Yasuhiro Shirai)

The acquisition of lexical and grammatical aspect in Chinese (Ping Li &
Melissa Bowerman)

The role of Aktionsart in the acquisition of Russian aspect (Sabine Stoll)

The temporal interpretation of Dutch children's root infinitivals: the
effect of eventivity (Frank Wijnen)

Reflexive and middle markers in early child language acquisition: evidence
from Mexican Spanish (Donna Jackson-Maldonado, Ricardo Maldonado & Donna J.
Thal)

http://www.alphaacademic.co.uk/fl.htm