sensorimotor experience and language

Edy.Veneziano Edy.Veneziano at pse.unige.ch
Sun Mar 28 06:56:34 UTC 1999

> At that time, this case was used as evidence against the motor theory
> of speech perception.  However, it could perhaps also be used as
> evidence against the sensorimotor account of language acquisition.

To take into consideration on this issue:

As far as I can understand, sensorimotor intelligence does not
necessarily need effective motor action to develop. 'Looking' is already
considered an action that has transformational potentials; and,
relatively early, objects can be assimilated to potential and
internally-performed actions.

Edy Veneziano