Bilingualism Symposium at Newcastle

LAM-KWOK Y.W.Lam-Kwok at newcastle.ac.uk
Mon Mar 29 10:51:52 UTC 1999

Someone requested information about the Newcastle Conference.
Unfortunately I deleted the file by mistake. Instead of giving you a
personal reply, I'm now sending the information to the mailing lists
instead . Hope you'll find it useful. Thanks again for your email.

Yuet Wah Lam-Kwok
University of Newcastle

> 2nd International Symposium on Bilingualism
>
> 14-17 April, 1999
> University of Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
>
> KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
> Michael Clyne (Monash)
> Francois Grosjean (Neuchatel)
> Monica Heller (OISE, Toronto)
> Carol Myers Scotton (South Carolina)
>
> COLLOQUIA
> 1. Cross-linguistic studies of language acquisition (Marilyn M.
> Vihman:m.vihman at bangor.ac.uk and Ginny Mueller Gathercole:
> v.c.gathercole at bangor.ac.uk)

>2. Bilingual cognitive processing (David Green: ucjtdg at ucl.ac.uk)

>3.Input in bilingual acquisition (Annick de Houwer: vhouwer at uia.ua.ac.be
> and Elizabeth Lanza: Elizabeth.Lanza at ilf.uio.no)

> 4. Early syntax of developing bilinguals
>    (Margaret Deuchar: m.deuchar at bangor.ac.uk)

> 5. Neurolinguistics and acquired communication disorders in bilinguals
> (Franco Fabbro and Nick Miller:nicholas.miller at ncl.ac.uk)
>
>6. Sign bilingualsim (Clare Gallaway: gallaway at fs1.ed.man.ac.uk)

>7. Grammar and Codeswitching (Jeanine Treffers-Daller:
   > j-treffersdaller at wpg.uwe.ac.uk and Ad Backus:
   > backus at ling.ucsd.edu and jacomine Nortier: jacomine.nortier at let.ruu.nl)

>8. Sociolinguistics of bilingual interaction
>  (Ben Rampton: ben.rampton at tvu.ac.u, Mukul Saxena:
> m.saxena at ucrysj.ac.uk and Li Wei: li.wei at ncl.ac.uk)

>9.Trilingualism and trilinguals (Charlotte Hoffman:
> c.hoffman at mod.lang.salford.ac.uk)
>
> Round-Table
> Bilingualism and communication disorders; implications for speech
>and language therapy (Chair: Deirdre Martin:
> martinm at edusrv1.bham.ac.uk)

For more information, please contact: Mrs Gillian Cavagan, ISB
Organizing Commitee, Department of Speech,
University of Newcastle upon Tyne.
Tel: 44-191-222 7385
Fax: 44-191-2226518