Human Subjects Review and Maintaince of Audio/Video Tapes

Amy L Sheldon asheldon at maroon.tc.umn.edu
Tue May 4 20:50:24 UTC 1999

I think this is a standard query, but I've not run into any requirement
that primary records be disposed of by a certain date. It is reasonable
to say - materials to be held until no longer deemed necessary for
research, or something like this.

On Mon, 3 May 1999, Lynn Santelmann wrote:

> I have recently applied for human subjects review at Portland State
> University and was surprised to receive a query from the committee as to
> "how long will the videos and records be stored and how and when will they
> be destroyed?"
>
> kept in locked cabinets in my office/lab. To be honest, I hadn't considered
> destroying the original tapes, and I don't want to be required to do so. I

> request to be excessive, especially since I am not proposing to make the

	are they requesting that you dispose of the recordings?
I don't read the quote above as saying that necessarily.

Amy Sheldon