size of data

Antonella Conte aad784 at agora.ulaval.ca
Tue May 11 21:15:54 UTC 1999

Dear all,

I have quite a big corpus to analyse and have chosen to do so using
CHILDES.  However, I was wondering if the system is big enough to handle
about 1500 pages of transcribed and typed data.  Has anyone done so before?
If so, with how much data (if you don't mind me asking)? If not, is there a
maximum number of transcribed pages?

Experimenting with the system, I have been able to analyse my sittings on
an individual basis but would like to amalgamate them (i.e. sitting one +
sitting two, sitting 1+2+3, sitting 1+2+3+4,...).  In doing so, I know that
my stats will change.  What I am afraid of though, is that the system will
crash on me.  I'm hoping that someone could provide me with some advice to
avoid this perdicament.

Thanks for your reply,
Antonella Conte