dislocations and other peripheral elements in child language

William B. Snyder wsnyder at uconnvm.uconn.edu
Tue May 18 00:34:21 UTC 1999

I believe Marc-Ariel Friedemann, as a graduate student at the University
of Geneva, wrote a paper a few years back arguing that right-dislocation
structures were unusually frequent in the child French of Philippe
(Suppes/Smith/Leveille, CHILDES), as compared to adult usage.
Unfortunately I don't know the reference off hand - possibly in GenGenP
(the linguistics working paper series at Geneva).

- William

Prof. William B. Snyder
Department of Linguistics
University of Connecticut