adjectives - request for references

Nelson, Katherine KNelson at gc.cuny.edu
Tue Nov 16 21:06:58 UTC 1999

The issue of markedness and the acquisition of adjectives was discussed
extensively in the early to mid-70's.  See papers by Eve Clark and H. H.
Clark for example in T. E. Moore (Ed.) 1973 (Academic) "Cognitive
Development and the Acquisition of language."  See also discussion of
relevant literature (including Bierwish on markedness) in K. Nelson (1985)
"Making Sense: The Acquisition of shared meaning" for additional references
to this literature.

Katherine Nelson
Note new address:
GSUC CUNY, 365 Fifth Avenue, New York, NY 10016
New phone: 212-817-8718