metric measurements for A4 paper

Brian MacWhinney macw at cmu.edu
Tue Nov 30 23:05:07 UTC 1999

Dear Info-CHILDES,
  A couple of people have asked me to provide metric equivalents for the inch
measurements in the Cascadilla style sheet for A4 paper for the IASCL 99
conference proceedings.  The conversion factor is 2.54 centimeters per inch.
I have done the multiplications and put them into the text at:

http://childes.psy.cmu.edu/call.html

By the way, I think I remember reading that the reason that the Mars Explorer
vehicle crashed into the Martian atmosphere a couple of weeks ago was because
someone at Boeing programmed it with feet instead of meters.

--Brian MacWhinney