Distinction between -choo / -jyoo in Japanese 'naka'

kimyt yongta-k at hoffman.cc.sophia.ac.jp
Thu Oct 7 23:20:39 UTC 1999

Hello everyone!

Is anybody working on the acquisition of -choo/-jyoo,
which is two Chinese-style reading of Japnese 'naka'?
The literal meaning of this character is 'middle'.
I think there is also semantic diference between these.
But it is very difficult  to find rules.
I guess this is not that easy for Japanese children to acquire the
difference, either.
I would appreciate any opinion about this.

yongta-k at hoffman.cc.sophia.ac.jp