MLU in Spanish

Betty Jancosek jancosek at spot.colorado.edu
Tue Apr 18 23:29:34 UTC 2000

We have been conducting research in language development in toddlers of
Mexican descent for whom Spanish is the major language of the home.  We
have concerns relative some of our methodologies in obtaining MLU-Word in
Spanish.  We would be very interested in hearing about some of the
methodologies used by others doing MLU research in Spanish.  One concern
relates to counting clitics; utterances such as "damelo" are of particular
concern methodologically.

Betty Jancosek
Speech, Language and Hearing Sciences Department
University of Colorado
Boulder, CO 80309-0409
Phone:  (303) 492-3042
FAX:    (303) 492-3274