Favorite Books!

Carolyn Chaney cchaney at sfsu.edu
Fri Feb 18 21:52:58 UTC 2000

Thanks for sending me your favorite books with themes related to childrens
communication.  I will offer the list to my students and invite them to
add to it.  Im also stopping by my local library to get DOUBLE NEGATIVE
today!

Heres the list I have so farits not too late to add your favorite book.

Title				Author				Topic
Uncommon Understanding      Dorothy Bishop			SLI
Double Negative		    David Carkeet           		Mystery
The Silent Storm	M.M. Brown & Ruth Crane			Helen Keller
Skallarigg			Michael Harwood
The Lore & Language of Children	Iona & Peter Opie		Oral Culture
The People in the Playground		Iona Opie
Language Play			David Crystal
Loving April			Melvin Burgess		Hearing Impairment
Knowledge of Angels		Jill Paton Welsh              "Wolf" child
Native Tongue Trilogy	Suzette H. Elgin			Sci Fi
How Babies Talk		K. Hirsh-Pasek & R. Golinkoff
Cushla and her Books		D. Butler              Literacy/handicapped
The Meaning Makers		Gordon Wells
The Boy who Would Be a Helicoptor   Vivian G. Paley  Storytelling/classroom
Wallys Stories		Vivian G. Paley
Lost in Translation		Eva Hoffman
Trumpet of the Swan		E.B. White
Baby Sign			Linda Acredolo	   Teaching Sign Lang.