thanks re Bamberg

Annette Karmiloff-Smith a.karmiloff-smith at ich.ucl.ac.uk
Wed Feb 23 16:06:44 UTC 2000

I now have the ref,  many thanks to all:
Bamberg, M. (1997). Narrative development: Six approaches. Mahwah, NJ: Erlbaum.
(sounds like a great book - someone also sent me a synopsis)
Abstract
(from the cover) The contributors to this volume approach narrative development
from 6 different angles: cognitive, interactionist, constructivist,
crosslinguistic, sociocultural, and life-span. Their work widely samples the
research traditions and extracts individual aspects that are claimed to be
central to the topics of "narrative" and "development." Each contributor was
asked to answer a set of 6 questions concerning the relationship between the 2
topics to facilitate comparisons among the approaches. A text in the fields of
psychology, linguistics, language studies, discourse, and education, this book
will be useful for students, instructors, and researchers alike. ((c) 1998
Annette

Professor A.Karmiloff-Smith, FBA, FMedSci, FRSA, MAE, C.Psychol.
Head, Neurocognitive Development Unit,
Institute of Child Health,
30 Guilford Street,
London WC1N 1EH, U.K.