bilingual/bicultural researchers

Cote, Linda (NICHD) cotel at cfr.nichd.nih.gov
Tue Jan 11 18:22:15 UTC 2000

	We are looking to hire 2 bilingual/bicultural researchers experienced in
CHAT transcription conventions to transcribe the following:

	Position 1:  38 Japanese-English transcripts of mother-infant joint play
(10 min. each session).  We would like the Japanese language data to be
transcribed in Roma-ji.

	Position 2:  39 Spanish-English transcripts of mother-infant joint play
(10 min. each session).  These are data of mothers from South America (e.g.,
Peru, Colombia, Argentina), so the ideal candidate would be South American-U.S.
bicultural.

	This task can be done AT YOUR OWN SITE, provided we can be in contact by
telephone, e-mail, and U.S. mail.  We would like to have all sessions
transcribed by the end of May, 2000.

	Please fax us your vita and a sample of a bilingual transcript you have
transcribed if you are interested.  Also indicate whether you have experience
analyzing bilingual transcripts using CLAN.

	Thank you,
	Marc H. Bornstein & Linda R. Cote
	Child & Family Research
	National Institute of Child Health & Human Development, NIH
	Suite 8030
	6705 Rockledge Drive
	Bethesda, MD  20892-7971
	phone:  301-496-6832