Cats would jump benches

Roberta Golinkoff Roberta at UDel.Edu
Fri Jan 21 18:24:53 UTC 2000

At 3:59 PM +0000 1/20/00, Annette Karmiloff-Smith wrote:
>Does anyone recall the reference for an infancy study with stimuli like:
>cats would jump benches
>cats jump wood benches

Hi Annette! I asked Debbie Kemler-Nelson to give me these citations since
she is one of the authors on the work:

There are two relevant papers, the first having to do with memory for
phonetic info and the other having to do with memory for word order.

They are:

Mandel, D. R., Jusczyk, P. W., & Kemler Nelson, D. G. (1994).  Does
sentential prosody help infants organize and remember speech information?
Cognition, 53, 155-180.

Mandel, D. R., Kemler Nelson, D. G., & Jusczyk, P. W. (1996).  Infants
remember the order of words in a spoken sentence.  Cognitive Development,
11, 181-196.

Roberta Michnick Golinkoff, Ph.D.
H. Rodney Sharp Professor
School of Education and Departments of Psychology and Linguistics
University of Delaware, Newark, DE 19716
Phone:  (302) 831-1634	 Fax:  (302) 831-4445	E-mail:	Roberta at udel.edu