Kluwer dissertation publishing

Brian MacWhinney macw at cmu.edu
Fri Jan 28 22:13:26 UTC 2000

Dear Info-CHILDES,
  I recently spoke with Michael Williams, the acquisitions editor for Kluwer
Academic Publishers.  We discussed several recent dissertations in child
language development published by Kluwer and I thought that child language
researchers who are in the process of considering publishing their
dissertations might find this press worth considering.  So I asked Michael to
compose a few words on their policy and the following is what he sent me.

--Brian MacWhinney

Kluwer Academic Publishers will consider dissertation- and thesis-based
monographs for publication.  Abstracts should be submitted with a proposed
table of contents, contact information for at least five independent
reviewers, and a completed Preliminary Book Information form (PBI,) which is
available by email from Kluwer.

Authors should secure the cooperation of their primary advisors, preferably
as a co-author, or as the author of a foreword.

Kluwer generally offers a royalty rate of 2% on net receipts of all copies
sold.  In addition, we provide  authors with three complimentary copies of
their work upon publication.

Mailing address for submissions is:

Michael Williams
Editor, Psychology
Kluwer Academic Publishers
101 Philip Dr., Assinippi Park
Norwell, MA 02061

Please feel free to contact Kluwer with any questions you might have.  Email
is michael.williams at wkap.com