Picture vocabulary test

Eleanor Olds Batchelder eleanorb at human.tsukuba.ac.jp
Mon Jul 3 04:08:39 UTC 2000

Dear Childes Colleagues:

An acquaintance of mine here at the University of Tsukuba, Japan, a
researcher from Mongolia, knowing that I am a linguist, has asked my advice
in an area of which I know nothing:

>...my sensei recommend me to
>develop a picture vocabulary test for Mong.
>children. Then I thought maybe you can give me some
>suggestions or if its available to borrow some books
>to read, since so many
>exciting reffereals on Google site, however I couldn't
>find in our library.
>
>Dear Eleanor,
>
>Thank you very much for your respond,
>as for pv test, it's allow to measure vocabulary
>( expressive or receptive)/language ability
>I'm planning to develop such kind of test
>and first apply to regular school children in
>Mongolia, then to special schools' one and compare the
>results. Samples should be enough for making
>standartization.
>On Google.com http. I found some affordable for me
>test to purchase; what do you think, if I order could
>I get it,I don't know if there some restricted
>requirement for customers.
>Again I will be very appreciate your comments,

Does anyone have any suggestions I can pass on to him?  Or is the question
too open-ended?

(The library here is pretty good, plus there's ILL, so I think it should be
possible to find most standard references...)

Thanks,
Eleanor

Eleanor Olds Batchelder, Ph. D.
JSPS Fellow, Institute of Psychology, University of Tsukuba
http://www.human.tsukuba.ac.jp/~eleanorb
[an alternate email address is: eleanor at roz.hunter.cuny.edu]
voice:  0298-53-7376
Mail address:  Azuma 4-16-4-401