affect in children's writing

Catherine Crain-Thoreson thoreson at cc.wwu.edu
Wed Mar 1 23:30:18 UTC 2000

Thanks to everyone who responded to our query.  Here are the references
we've received so far.

Katrice Shuler & Catherine Crain-Thoreson

1. >From: Susan L Engel <Susan.L.Engel at williams.edu>

2.  From: "Silliman, Elaine" <silliman at chuma1.cas.usf.edu>

3.  From: Ann Dowker <ann.dowker at psy.ox.ac.uk>

4. >From: Beppie van de Bogaerde <beppie at crystal.feo.hvu.nl>
>a colleague of mine, Marja Roelofs, had her dissertation on the pragmatic,
>narrative skills of children between 4;0 - 8;0. Based on the frog story?
>I think she also examined emotions ? But you should check with her I guess.

5. >From: Asa Nordqvist <asanord at ling.gu.se>
(Nordqvist, Å. (1998) Projecting speech to
>protagonists in oral and written narratives: a developmental study.
>Psychology of Language and Communication, Vol 2., 2:37-46.)

6.  >From: Tina Bennett-Kastor
>Judy Reilly has an article, "How to tell a good story:
>the intersection of language and affect in children's
>narratives," in Journal of Narrative and Life History,
>1992, 355-377.

7. >From: judy reilly <reilly1 at mail.sdsu.edu>
We have worked on spoken narratives and and are currently looking also at
>writing.
>there is a 1002 paper Reilly,JR How to Tell a good story, in Pplied
>psycholinguistics.
>Michael Bamberg also has work in this area.
>We ahve another apepr with normals and Williams syndorme in Developmental
>Psychopatholoyg 1990:  Reilly, Klima and Bellugi, 1991

Catherine Crain-Thoreson, Ph.D.
Psychology Department
Western Washington University
Bellingham, WA 98225-9089