references related to WM and SLA

Yuki Yoshimura c1399012 at cc.aoyama.ac.jp
Sat Mar 4 17:45:16 UTC 2000

I am currently an MA graduate student. I study second language
aquisition, and have some difficulty finding studies in psychology
for my MA dissertation. I need some references related to
1) Working Memory and Second Language Acquisition (SLA)
2) WM capacity for language. If you could let me know any related
papers (books) to them, I would greatly appreciate that.

1) Working Memory, especially WM capacity and SLA.
SLA research could be both child L2 acquisition (bilingualism),
and adult L2 learning/acquisition.

2) Working Memory capacity for Language.
Is there any research which shows or denies the "trainability" of
WM capacity for language (e.g., smaller capacity can be larger)
through L2 learning, or through any special trainig on L2 acquisition?
If you could let me know some prominent studies related to the
trainability of WM capacity in a domain-general sense, i.e.,
WM not only for linguistic information, whcih you think might be
useful for what I am looking for, it would be very helpful, too.

THANKS A LOT IN ADVANCE.

Yuki

Yuki Yoshimura
MA graduate student,
Department of English literature and linguistics
Aoyama Gakuin University, Tokyo, Japan
c1399012 at cc.aoyama.ac.jp