Literacy Position at Duke University

Reiko Mazuka mazuka at psych.duke.edu
Wed Oct 4 22:01:31 UTC 2000

Literacy Position at Duke University

The Department of Psychology: Social and Health Sciences at Duke
University invites applications for a tenure-track, assistant professor
position in literacy to begin September 2001.  We are interested in a
developmental psychologist, or cognitive or educational psychologist
with strong developmental interests.  We seek candidates with a strong
research background focused on the development of literacy skills.  An
interest in application and contextual, cross-linguistic, or
cross-cultural factors are particularly desirable.  We also seek
excellence and commitment in teaching at both the undergraduate and
graduate levels.  A successful candidate will be joining a Departmental
faculty with strong interests in developmental, clinical, and cognitive
psychology, and could play an important role in the University's newly
established interdisciplinary Center for Child and Family Policy.
Strong ties exist between our Department and other campus units such as
the Department of Psychology: Experimental, Center for Cognitive
Neuroscience, and Duke University Medical Center.  In addition, there
exists an emerging collaborative graduate program in developmental
psychology between Duke and UNC-Chapel Hill.  Interested applicants
should send their vita, a statement of research and teaching interests,
representative articles and preprints, and three letters of reference
to:  Literacy Search Committee, Department of Psychology: SHS, Box
90085, Duke University, Durham, NC 27708-0085.  Review of applications
will begin immediately, but applications received by January 15 will
receive full consideration.  Duke University is an Equal Opportunity
Affirmative Action Employer.