verbs and autism

Mariana Sigstad msigstad at ciudad.com.ar
Tue Oct 10 03:24:33 UTC 2000

I'm working in language development of autistis children. I read
comments about the absence of verbs in this population, and I
experienced the same myself. have any of you got information of this
subject?
I'm using a perspective taking approach with the help of topological
grammar to teach them sentence building. I'm having good results, but I
have to understand better about how they perceive verbs, when do they
use them and when not, how do they express without verbs, how do they
build sentences.
Thank you in advance
Mariana