Lab manager/ RA position

Johanna Nicholas jnicholas at cid.wustl.edu
Tue Oct 24 15:37:54 UTC 2000

I am looking for a lab manager/ research assistant for a new 5-year project.
The description follows.  Please post or pass on to interested
students/graduates.
Thank you.

Lab Manager ­ Research Assistant

Central Institute for the Deaf is accepting applicants for a Full or
Part-Time professional for the Child Language laboratory.  The project
involves recording the spoken language interactions of preschool aged
children and their parents for transcription in our laboratory.  The
individual selected will travel to schools across the U.S. to make
recordings (2-8 days per month) and be responsible for scheduling study
participants, making travel arrangements, coordinating testing and records
retrieval from schools and clinics.  Digital filming and editing techniques
will be taught.  Interest and/or aptitude in computer/video production is
desirable.  (No prior skill in this area is required.)

Bachelor¹s degree required, Master¹s degree preferred in communication
disorders, psychology, linguistics, speech pathology, audiology, or related
disciplines.  Sign language skills not necessary.

We offer a competitive salary along with an attractive employee benefits
package (medical, dental, disability, life, 403b), along with a
state-of-the-art child language study facility.  Qualified applicants should
send their resume, salary history and letter of interest, including two
professional references to:

Dr. Johanna G. Nicholas
Central Institute for the Deaf
4560 Clayton Ave.