First in, last out

Madalena Cruz-Ferreira mcf at pacific.net.sg
Mon Oct 30 07:08:47 UTC 2000

    Dear info-childes,

    A friend of mine who's about to submit her PhD thesis would like to know
whether there are any (more recent) studies showing that:

1. Japanese babies are sensitive to the moraic system of Japanese, from the
first weeks of life.
2. prosodic features are the last to be lost in case of damage to language
brain areas (she's got Caplan 1987 Neurolinguistics and linguistic
aphasiology).
3. prosodic features are the last to be lost in the acquisition of L2 (she's
got one of my own papers on this, from 1984).

    Would you be able to help, and please send any replies to me?
    Many thanks!

    Madalena
Madalena Cruz-Ferreira, PhD
Dept. English Language and Literature