Portuguese Bibliography

Brian MacWhinney macw at cmu.edu
Sat Sep 23 21:04:34 UTC 2000

Dear Info-CHILDES,
  Madalena Cruz-Ferreira (mcf at pacific.net.sg) has contributed a set of 1148
references on the acquisition of Portuguese to the CHILDES/BIB reference
system.  Madalena's readme file for this big new set of references can be
found at http://childes.psy.cmu.edu/html/portbib.html and I am repeating it
here too.  Access to CHILDES/BIB is easiest from the CHILDES home page at
childes.psy.cmu.edu which then takes you to another machine.

Thanks to Madalena and colleagues for this excellent contribution.  Please
stay tuned for a parallel set of contributions for Spanish.

--Brian MacWhinney

In September 2000, Madalena Cruz-Ferreira and colleagues contributed a set
of 1138 references on the acquisition of Portuguese. These have now been
added to CHILDES/BIB

All entries include the code "PortugueseBib" in the Keywords field, so that
the bibliography can be easily retrieved through the EndNote search
function.   Use "Advanced Search" and then "Keyword" as "Portuguese."
Additional keywords, relevant to each reference, are included
in this field too. Most references include a URL, where the reference
itself and/or more recent additions to this research area can be found.
Several of the Portuguese (.pt) and Brazilian (.br) websites are accessible
in English too. In cases of conflicting information on a particular
reference, say, from a website and from a personal communication by the
author(s), the authors' data took priority.

Putting together information of this kind is not a one-person assignment.
My most sincere thanks are due to the following colleagues, whose time,
support and generous willingness to share knowledge, contacts, and their
own research, made this undertaking possible:

 Bernadete Abaurre
 Eleonora Albano
 Amália Andrade
 Lívia Márcia Baptista
 Hanna Batoréo
 Ernestina Carrilho
 Maria Fausta Pereira de Castro
 Marianne Cavalcante
 Miriam Coimbra
 Letícia Sicuro Corrêa
 João Costa
 Hildo Honório do Couto
 Regina Célia Fernandes Cruz
 António H A Emiliano
 Rosa Attié Figueira
 Maria João Freitas
 Sónia Frota
 Aglael Gama Rossi
 Fernanda Ribeiro Gonçalves
 Sebastião Carlos Leite Gonçalves
 Ana Maria de Mattos Guimarães
 Mary Kato
 Regina Lamprecht
 Cláudia de Lemos
 Maria Lobo
 Denise Martins
 Carolina Lisbôa Mezzomo
 Ana Ruth Miranda
 Ana Paula Fadanelli Ramos
 Ana Lúcia Santos
 Ester Scarpa
 Leonor Scliar-Cabral
 Luciene Simões
 Carla Soares
 Otília de Sousa
 Elizabeth Teixeira
 Maria do Céu Viana
 Ana Maria Zilles

Thanks are also due to the Comunidade Virtual da Linguagem, whose network
provided me with invaluable information. Any inaccuracy included in the
references is my entire responsibility. I will be happy to receive feedback
regarding any corrections and additions to the bibliography.

 Madalena Cruz-Ferreira

 mcf at pacific.net.sg