Call for Papers (TCP 2001)

Masayuki Komachi deepsea at cds.ne.jp
Tue Sep 26 03:20:21 UTC 2000

Call for Papers

The Second Tokyo Conference on Psycholinguistics
http://www.otsu.icl.keio.ac.jp/tcp/
Keio University, Mita, Tokyo
March 16th and 17th, 2001

TCP welcomes applications for paper presentations at its second
conference.  It accepts papers that represent any scientific
endeavor that addresses itself to "Plato's problem" concerning
language acquisition: "How can we gain rich linguistic system
given our fragmentary and impoverished experience?"  Its scope
thus includes linguistic theory, L1 and L2 acquisition, language
processing, and the neuroscience of language, among others.

Each presentation will be 30 minutes, and 15 minutes will be
devoted for discussion.
Please send an abstract in accordance with the following guidelines:
1.	An abstract in English (including bibliography) no more
	than 2 single-spaced A4 or letter-size pages.
2.	Do not put your name on the abstract.
3.	Put the title on the top of the first page.
4.	The abstract, if accepted, will be photocopied to be
	included in the conference handbook.   Therefore, make sure
	 your margins have ample room.
5.	Clearly state the nature of the problem that you are addressing.
6.	Cite sufficient data, and explain why and how they support
	your argument.
7.	Avoid vague promissory notes such as "A solution will be presented".
8.	Submit 5 copies.
9.	Attach a separate information page to the top of your abstracts,
	indicating your (if you are coauthor, you all) (a) name, (b)
	 affiliation, (c) paper's title, (d) mailing address, (e) e-mail
	 address, and (f) telephone number.  If you are in Japan, add
	 kanji where relevant (i.e., all items except (e) and (f)).
10.	In submission by e-mail, please note the following guidelines:
	The abstract file should be attached and e-mail subject should
	 be "abstract", and all the author information (listed in 9)
	 should be included in the body of the e-mail.  The acceptable
	 format is PDF only. For any fonts used, the font file should
	 be attached.

Send the information page and the five copies of your abstract to:

  TCP Committee                                                                         Institute of Cultural and Linguistic Studies                                          Keio University                                                             2-15-45 Mita Minato-ku, Tokyo                                                  108-8345 JAPAN

or, send via e-mail with the abstract file and font file(s) attached to:
  TCP Committee  tcpabst at otsu.icl.keio.ac.jp
The abstract must be received by November 30, 2000 by 11:59 pm JST (Japan
Standard Time) by postal mail, FedEx (or the like), or e-mail.
Submission by fax will not be accepted.
Late submissions will be returned unopened. Notification of receipt will
be emailed to the first author shortly after receipt.
We will notify you of the results of our review process by January 10, 2001.

 We are planning to publish a volume of conference proceedings.  If your
abstract is accepted, we will inform you of details regarding this matter
later.  Most likely, you will be asked to submit a photo-ready copy of your
contribution by mid-May 2001.

 Unfortunately, TCP has no fund for financial assistance.  Participants
are also expected to make their travel arrangement through their own travel
agents.

For inquires, contact:

  Yukio Otsu (Director)
  Institute of Cultural and Linguistic Studies
  Keio University
  2-15-45 Mita Minato-ku, Tokyo
  108-8345

or, send e-mail messages to: