Preteen communication

Susan L Engel Susan.L.Engel at williams.edu
Mon Apr 23 12:39:04 UTC 2001

My student, Amy Spregelmeyer and I have just completed a study
of how mothers and their pre-teens/teens describe
the teens life story. We did find gender differences among
the teens (boys and girls construct different kinds of life stories).
They also agree and disagree with their mothers in different ways.
We do not have data on fathers.
These data were reported at SRCD.

If you want more specific information, just let me know.

Susan Engel
Dept. of Psychology
Williams College