developmental position, UC Santa cruz

Nameera Akhtar nakhtar at cats.UCSC.EDU
Mon Aug 6 23:44:19 UTC 2001

Developmental Psychology, Position #586-02. The Psychology Department at
the University of California, Santa Cruz, invites applications for a
tenure-track assistant professor position specializing in infancy or early
childhood development in social or cultural context.  Special
consideration will be given to candidates researching either the
development of emotion with links to mind and/or communication, or the
development of language and communication.  Candidates with interests in
issues of diversity and/or methodological/statistical approaches to the
study of development are especially encouraged to apply.  We are looking
for persons capable of teaching both graduate and undergraduate level
courses who also are actively engaged in research and show promise of
continued research productivity.  We seek to hire an individual whose
strengths best complement the distinctive character of our program and are
especially interested in candidates who can contribute to the diversity
and excellence of our academic community through their research, teaching
and/or service. Beginning salary is $46,100 - $51,400, commensurate with
qualifications and experience.  A Ph.D. in Psychology or related field is
preferred by June 30, 2002, must be conferred no later than June 30, 2003.
The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate potential for
excellence in research and teaching.  The position will be available July
1, 2002.  Applicants should submit a letter of application describing
their research and teaching interests, a curriculum vitae, reprints and
preprints, and have a minimum of three confidential letters of
recommendation forwarded to: Faculty Search Committee, Psychology
Department Faculty Services, 277 Social Sciences 2, University of
California, Santa Cruz, Santa Cruz, CA 95064.  In your reply, refer to
Position #586-02.  Applications must be postmarked by November 5, 2001.
UCSC is an EEO/AA employer.