Bogoyvalenskiy, D

Dan I. SLOBIN slobin at cogsci.berkeley.edu
Thu Aug 9 08:03:35 UTC 2001

Bogoyavlenskiy reported his study in a book:

	Bogoyavlenskiy, D. N. (1957).  Psixologija usvoenija orfografii
	[Psychology of acquisition of orthography].  Moscow: Akademija
	Pedagogiceskix Nauk RSFSR.

The study was part of a series of studies about children's metalinguistic
awareness, in relation to literacy.  The section that parallel's Berko's
"wug" test was published in English translation as:

	Bogoyavlenskiy, D. N. (1973).  The acquisition of Russian
	inflections.  In C. A. Ferguson & D. I. Slobin (Eds.), Studies
	of child language development (pp. 284-292).  New York: Holt,
	Rinehart & Winston.

Bogoyavlenskiy and Berko(-Gleason) were not aware of each other's work.

-Dan Slobin