No subject

Elizabeth Bates bates at crl.ucsd.edu
Wed Jan 10 16:50:25 UTC 2001

There's actually a fairly large body of event-related brain potential
research on infant response to linguistic stimuli.  The pioneers in this
area include Dennis Molfese (University of Louisville, Psychology),
Debra Mills (Center for Research in Language, University of California,
San Diego), Helen Neville (University of Oregon, Psychology).  Patricia
Kuhl (University of Washington, Seattle) has started doing work in this
area as well.  I'm sure I'm missing quite a few other people as well
(including their students), but these names would be a very good place
to start a search. -liz bates