eliciting negatives / passives

Géraldine De Visscher Geraldine.De.Visscher at vub.ac.be
Wed Jun 6 15:28:56 UTC 2001

Dear all,

I am a PhD student at the Vrije Universiteit Brussel (VUB). For my
experimental studies on the effects of grammar instruction, I am looking
for procedures (techniques, materials) for eliciting negatives (both
clausal and phrasal) and passive constructions during oral interview
sessions.  The more spontaneous, unplanned, authentic the procedure (and
the elicited constructions), the better.
Does anyone know of any such procedures? The target language in the
experiment is French - but that should probably not matter too much.

Many Thanks
Géraldine De Visscher

Géraldine De Visscher
Romaanse Talen & Centrum voor Linguïstiek
Vrije Universiteit Brussel
Pleinlaan 2
B-1050 Brussel, België
Tel: +32-(0)2-629.26.52