RESEARCH

Susan L Engel Susan.L.Engel at williams.edu
Thu Jun 14 12:23:50 UTC 2001

There are several books you could look at, but what will be helpful
depends quite a bit on what what you mean by narrative
capability, given the importance of community and culture in shaping
narrative criteria.

Wallace Chafe- The Pear STories
Bamberg and McCabe- Six Approaches to NArrative
Special issue of Critical Inquiry on NArrative, I forget the details...

are three that might be helpful.

Best,
Susan Engel
Dept. of Psychology