request for information

M Eisenberg mary at adams-eisenberg.com
Wed Mar 14 20:17:30 UTC 2001

To the INFO-CHILDES listserve:

I am a graduate student looking at the literature on Requests in Child
Language Development. I am interested in this topic especially from a
developmental and pragmatics perspective. I have found quite a lot on this
topic from the 70s and 80s, but much less from the 90s, and very few
studies that address this aspect of child language development in urban
populations and among people of color.

If anyone can provide me with information about research on this topic, I
would be most grateful.
 You may reply to me at either of the following addresses:

	<meisenbe at emerald.tufts.edu> OR <mary at adams-eisenberg.com>

Thank you for any suggestions of literature or studies on ths topic.

Sincerely,
Mary Eisenberg