two new German corpora

Brian MacWhinney macwhinn at hku.hk
Thu May 24 09:17:52 UTC 2001

Dear Info-CHILDES,

  I am happy to announce the addition to CHILDES of two new large
longitudinal corpora on the acquisition of German.  These are the Simone and
Kerstin corpora.  Simone was studied from at 1;9 to 4;0 and Kerstin from 1;3
to 3;4.  Together with the Caroline corpus and the Szagun corpus that were
added at the beginning of the year, we now have a much more extensive
database on the acquisition of German child language.
  Susan Powers, Juergen Weissenborn, Wolfgang Klein, Heike Behrens, and Max
Miller have all been involved in the collection, transcription, and
refinement of these two additional corpora.  Our thanks to all those
involved for now adding these data to the CHILDES database.
  The new corpora can be found in the /germanic/german folder on
childes.psy.cmu.edu in the files simone.zip and kerstin.zip.

--Brian MacWhinney