notation of schwa

Catherine Davis cath at roddy.demon.co.uk
Fri Nov 23 06:08:56 UTC 2001

I am currently coding some data from a transcription of a language
disordered child and am unsure of the best way to notate the schwa
vowel.
I have found in other data it has been notated as 6 at u - using the
SAMPA transcription, or as 'uh' when not using SAMPA.  The disordered
language I am coding is written in IPA in the transcription and as it
is not the majority of the data and as the analysis is morphological
I don't think it is worth using either SAMPA or IPA, but I'm not
sure.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you.

Catherine Davis