new IASCL book series

Brian MacWhinney macw at cmu.edu
Fri Nov 30 01:43:05 UTC 2001

Dear Info-CHILDES,

  I am happy to announce the appearance of the first volume of a new book
series entitled "Trends in Language Acquisition Research" (TILAR). The
series editors are Steven Gillis and Annick DeHouwer.  The first volume is
entitled "Trends in Bilingual Acquisition" and the volume editors are Jasone
Cenoz and Fred Genesee.  Having read through and commented on all of these
articles, I can say that this is a really good book.  Moreover, IASCL
members can purchase it at a 60% discount.  The details about the book's
contents and an order form for IASCL members is in the attachment to this
letter.  If you are not a IASCL member, you can obtain a parallel order form
from http://childes.psy.cmu.edu/html/tilar1.pdf

--Brian MacWhinney

P.S. I am violating our info-childes rule of not posting attachments in this
case.  I think that rule should now be changed for book notices of this
type. So, if you need to post book notices with fancy formatting, just send
them to me and I will turn on the attachment posting facility, post the
notice, and then turn off attachment posting again.