unlearning foreign accent

Annette Karmiloff-Smith a.karmiloff-smith at ich.ucl.ac.uk
Mon Oct 22 06:49:54 UTC 2001

Neil Smith reports a study like this with his study of a so-called
savant linguist.  It is reported in his book with Tsimpli - I think
it's called the Mind of a Savant and is (again, I think) with
Blackwell.
Annette K-S
At 11:47 am +0900 22/10/01, Yukio Otsu wrote:
>Dear friends,
>
>I am looking for a study that explores how difficult (or how easy, for
>that matter) it is to unlearn incorrect phonology/morphology/grammar.
>If you are aware of any, please let me know.
>
>Thank you.
>
>Yukio Otsu
>Yukio Otsu
>Institute of Cultural and Linguistic Studies
>Keio University
>+81-3-5427-1455
>http://www.otsu.icl.keio.ac.jp
>
>Tokyo Conference on Psycholinguistics (TCP) 2002
>March 15th and 16th, 2002
>
>Japanese Society for Language Sciences (JSLS)
>July 6th and 7th, 2002

Professor A.Karmiloff-Smith, FBA, FMedSci, MAE, C.Psychol.
Head, Neurocognitive Development Unit,
Institute of Child Health,
30 Guilford Street,
London WC1N 1EH, U.K.