Memorials for Peter Jusczyk

Brian MacWhinney macw at cmu.edu
Tue Sep 4 14:53:28 UTC 2001

Dear Colleagues,
 I am sending this message both to info-childes and to a list of 201 other
language researchers in the cc: field.  My apologies to those of you who
receive double copies.
  Since posting the L.A. Times obituary for Peter Jusczyk yesterday, I have
received several requests to help organize a more complete dedication for
Peter. We would send this dedication in hard copy to his wife Ann Marie and
we would publish it in the next issue of the newsletter of the International
Association for the Study of Child Language.  In particular, I would like to
ask people who knew Peter well or who were particularly influenced by his
work to compose statements, summaries, or anecdotes which they could send to
me through email.  I will collect these and send them to Jasone Cenoz for
publication in the newsletter and to Roberta Golinkoff (and perhaps others)
to send to Ann Marie.
  Please try to send me any of these materials within the next week.  Many
thanks.

--Brian MacWhinney