Conference Announcement

Paul Fletcher fletcher at hkusua.hku.hk
Thu Sep 20 17:11:52 UTC 2001

The 9th Meeting of the International Clinical Phonetics and Linguistics
Association (ICPLA) will be held in Hong Kong from 1-4 May 2002.

The ICPLA conference is held every two years and this time, it will
be held in Hong Kong during the spring season. We have received many
inquiries since our first call for paper showing interest in
attending the 9th ICPLA Conference. If you haven't received our last
announcement, we would like to take this opportunity to invite you to
attend this international meeting.

The conference will cover topics on the application of any
conventional areas of linguistics (phonetics, phonetics, syntax,
semantics and pragmatics) to the analysis of disordered speech and
language. To reflect the location of the conference in Hong Kong,
papers on a cross-linguistic or cross-cultural focus are particularly
welcomed.

The invited plenary speakers for the conference are Raymond Kent
(University of Wisconsin-Madison), Laurence Leonard (Purdue
University) and Leonard LaPointe (Florida State University).

As we are approaching a few important dates for deadlines for
abstract submission and registration, we would like to take this
opportunity to remind you about them. We would also like to remind
you who plan to submit an abstract but have not done so yet, our
deadline for submitting an abstract will be 1st Nov 2001. Details
regarding abstract submission can be found on our web site. For other
details, please also visit our web site:

http://www.hku.hk/speech/icpla/.

For inquiries, please email to the conference secretary.
Annie Poon
Email: icplahk at hku.hk