Jusczyk memorial gift (from Dick Aslin)

Brian MacWhinney macw at cmu.edu
Wed Apr 3 16:45:23 UTC 2002

Dear friends and colleagues of Peter Jusczyk:

As you know, Peter passed away in late August of 2001 and many of us
wanted to establish a memorial to his life, his work, and his family.  To
that end, with the encouragement of Ann Marie and his children Karla and
Tad, the members of his lab suggested that a bench be placed along one of
Peter's favorite bike trails.  The trail is located on Cape Cod and the
bench, made of granite with the inscription "To Ann Marie, Karla, and Tad
in memory of Peter W. Jusczyk" will be permanently sited in Nickerson
State Park.

The total cost of the bench, including fabrication, delivery, and
installation is nearly $3,000.  We have already raised slightly more than
$1,000 and ask that anyone who wishes to make a donation please send it to
me at the address below.  Any contribution to this project, even $10-20, is
welcome. Please make your check out to me, Richard N. Aslin, and indicate on
the check that it is for the Jusczyk memorial fund. I have looked into tax
deductibility, but unfortunately these donations do not qualify.

Thank you for your support of this effort on behalf of the Jusczyk family.

Sincerely,

Dick Aslin
Richard N. Aslin
Department of Brain and Cognitive Sciences
Meliora Hall
University of Rochester
Rochester, NY 14627
email: aslin at cvs.rochester.edu