Inquiry: Are Late Talkers Early Walkers (& vice versa)?

Jose G. Centeno centenoj at stjohns.edu
Wed Apr 10 02:30:47 UTC 2002

I'd love to get the actual references for these studies. Thanks!
Jose

>===== Original Message From VOLDEN Joanne <Joanne.Volden at ualberta.ca> =====
>Three of my colleagues (Darrah, Hodge & Magill-Evans) recently completed a
>study on this question.  Their longitudinal study with 102 infants showed no
>correlation between communication and gross motor abilities at 9, 11, 13, 16
>and 21 months of age.
>
>Joanne Volden

Jose G. Centeno, Ph.D., CCC-SLP
Speech-Language Pathology & Audiology Program
Dept. of Speech, Communication Sciences, & Theatre
St. John's University
8000 Utopia Parkway
Jamaica, NY 11439
Tel: 718-990-2629, 6452 Fax: 718-990-2435
www.stjohns.edu