PDF and availability of research

Mark Mitchell mark_mitchell at kmug.org
Mon Apr 15 14:36:20 UTC 2002

Ann Peters writes:
Sorry to trouble those who aren't interested in this. A more
technologically knowledgeable colleague has helped me convert the whole
thing to PDF (Acrobat) and is putting it on my web page (see URL at
bottom of this message).
http://www.ling.hawaii.edu/faculty/ann/

As a general note, PDF is already a kind of 'compression' and is universally readable on most all platforms.  Furthermore,
Macintosh users with OSX have built-in conversion to PDF ability (just check your 'help' for instructions).  Windows users may
have similar functionality?  If possible, please do make your research available as PDF files (instead of the dreaded msword).
 Science will be far the better for it (and you'll get more references to your work!).

Nice web-site, Dr. Peters!

mark mitchell
Japan