VIRUS ALERT

sues sues at xtra.co.nz
Tue Dec 3 20:33:41 UTC 2002

This was forwarded to me today by a colleague and I have sent it to you all as I did find the virus on all our computers. Please give it a high priority.

S Sullivan

To everyone,

 A Virus has been passed on to me by one of my contacts.  My address book has in

turn been infected. Since you are in my address book, there is a good
chance you will find it in your computer too. I followed the directions below
and eradicated the virus easily. Sorry for the inconvenience.

The Virus (called jdbgmgr.exe) is NOT detected by Norton or McAfee
anti-virus systems. The virus sits quietly for 14 days before damaging
the system. It is sent automatically by messenger and by the address
book, whether or not you sent emails to your contacts.

Here's how to check for the virus and how to get rid of it.
YOU MUST DO THIS I did find the teddy bear virus in my c drive.
1 Go to Start, Find or Search option
2 In the file/ folders option, type the name: jdbgmgr.exe
3 Be sure your search your C: drive and all sub-folders and any other drives you may have
4 Click "find now"
5 The Virus has a teddy bear icon with the name jdbgmgr.exe DO NOT OPEN IT
6 Go to Edit (on the menu bar), choose "select all" to highlight the file without opening it
7 Now go to File (on the menu bar) and select delete. It will then go to the  Recycle Bin
8 Go to the Recycle Bin and delete it there as well  IF YOU FIND THE VIRUS,
YOU MUST CONTACT ALL THE PEOPLE IN YOUR ADDRESS BOOK,
SO THEY CAN ERADICATE IT IN THEIR OWN ADDRESS BOOKS.
SORRY ABOUT THIS.
To do this:
a) Open a new e-mail message
b) Click the icon of the address book next to the "TO"
c) Highlight every name and add to "BCC"
d) Copy this message ... enter subject ... paste to e-mail ...send

I'm sorry about the inconvenience.  But glad we found it

Declan Joyce,
Solicitor,
Kelly Colfer Son & Poyntz,
New Ross