Landau-Kleffner Syndrome

Aliyah MORGENSTERN morgen at idf.ext.jussieu.fr
Thu Feb 7 10:37:10 UTC 2002

Dear info-childes members,
Has any of you recently worked (or do you know of recent work) on the
Laudau-Kleffner Syndrome?
I am trying to gather as much information as possible to help  neurologists
with the language disorder aspect of the syndrome (AEA acquired epileptiform
aphasia in children). I was given medical articles up to 1991 but do not
know of very recent work neither in the medical field nor in the
psycholinguistic field since I mostly work in acquisition. In 1991 AEA was
beginning to be considered as carrying the concept that prolonged cognitive
(and especially language) disorders could be epileptic manifestations. And
therefore that cognitive symptoms could be the only manifestations of
certain kinds of epilepsies. Is that possibility taken into consideration
when children present mysterious language disorders (mostly due to auditive
agnosia) and are EEG (prescribed in such cases?
Thank you for your help!
Best regards,

Aliyah Morgenstern
LEAPLE CNRS-Université Paris V