Ask for references

Ping Li pli at richmond.edu
Wed Feb 27 15:24:53 UTC 2002

Hi Lin,

The Li (1991) article that Thomas Lee mentioned was revised and appeared in:

	Li, P. (1993). The acquisition of the ZAI and BA
constructions in Mandarin Chinese. In: J.C.P. Liang & R.P.E. Sybesma
(eds.) From classical 'Fú' to 'Three inches high': Studies on Chinese
in honor of Erik Zürcher. Leuven/Apeldoorn: Garant Publishers,
103-120.

The following articles/book might also be interesting to you
regarding the acquisition of resultative verb compounds:

  	Li, P. & Bowerman, M. (1998). The acquisition of grammatical
and lexical aspect in Chinese. First Language, 18, 311-350.

	Klein, W., Li, P., & Hendriks, H. (2000). Aspect and
assertion in Mandarin Chinese. Natural Language and Linguistic
Theory, 18, 723-770.

  	Li, P., & Shirai, Y. (2000). The acquisition of lexical and
grammatical aspect. Berlin & New York: Mouton de Gruyter.

Some of the articles can be requested through our website:

http://cogsci.richmond.edu/

Good luck!

Ping Li
Ping Li, Ph.D., Associate Professor
Department of Psychology, University of Richmond
Richmond, VA 23173, USA
Email: pli at richmond.edu
Phone: (804) 289-8125 (O), 287-1236 (lab); Fax: (804) 287-1905
http://www.richmond.edu/~pli/  or  http://cogsci.richmond.edu/