Past tense in L2 acquisition

Richard M. Weist weist at fredonia.edu
Tue Jan 8 20:41:06 UTC 2002

Dear Jean Pierre,

    One of the most extensive studies of temporal reference in L2 was
published as part of the Studies in Bilingualism.  The reference is as follows:

    Deitrich, R., Klein, W., & Noyau, C. (1995).  The acquisition of
temporality in a second language. Amsterdam: John Benjamins.
    This book contains considerable cross-linguistic perspective including the
acquisition of French.

    The second book that I recommend is now in press.
The reference is as follows:
    Salaberry, R. & Shirai, Y. (in press). Tense-aspect morphology in L2
acquisition.  Amsterdam: John Benjamins.

Regards,
Richard M. Weist
SUNY Fredonia