amusia and tone perception

Ping Li pli at richmond.edu
Tue Jan 29 22:46:04 UTC 2002

Dear Colleagues,

Have you had a chance to work with anyone who suffers from amusia in
tonal languages? Or if you know of such work? I was intrigued by an
NPR program on Isabelle Peretz's research on amusia in normal healthy
adults. It's an intriguing problem!

Best wishes,

Ping Li

Ping Li, Ph.D., Associate Professor
Department of Psychology, University of Richmond
Richmond, VA 23173, USA
Email: pli at richmond.edu
Phone: (804) 289-8125 (O), 287-1236 (lab); Fax: (804) 287-1905
http://www.richmond.edu/~pli/  or  http://cogsci.richmond.edu/

P.S. message from Peretz enclosed here with her permission.