adult native frog stories

MAJA VINTHER DYRBY majdyr at get2net.dk
Wed Jan 30 10:05:40 UTC 2002

Dear all,

I have just joined info-childes and already I need help. I am a student of linguistics at the university of Copenhagen and would like to compare Danish frog stories with English and Spanish data for my BA project. More specifically I hope to find out whether Danish narrators use a more static, locative description when introducing new referents. However, i'm in need of oral adult frog stories in native Spanish and English. As far as I can tell there are some English ones among the data in Childes, but I could probably need some more. As for Spanish ones I haven't found any.

I read in the archives a message of some years ago from a Rosa Graciela Montes, saying that she had some Spanish stories, but my e-mail to the given address was returned. So, are you out there sra. Montes? Or does anybody else have a current contact e-mail address for her? I would highly appreciate the help. Alternatively, has someone got such data themselves - that they wouldn't mind sharing? I hope that I'll be able to contribute something myself on a later occasion.

Thank you and kind regards,

Maja Vinther Dyrby
majdyr at get2net.dk