Speech-Language Pathology Course on Multicultural Issues

Karen Mainess kmainess at sahp.llu.edu
Thu Jan 31 23:13:01 UTC 2002

Dear Readers,
Thank you for your suggestions regarding my proposed course.  However, most
of the information I got concerned only one linguistic group (Spanish).  And
I need to develop the course around several different languages and
culturals represented in the U.S.   I am about to put in a textbook order
for "Clinical Management of Communication Disorders in Culturally Diverse
Children" by Thalia Coleman.  Has anyone taught a similar course?  Would you
recommend this book or do you know of another book that you prefer?  Thanks
for all of your input!

Sincerely,
Karen Mainess
Loma Linda University
School of Allied Health Professions
Department of Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology