IASCL 2008, business meeting

Brian MacWhinney macw at cmu.edu
Sat Jul 6 18:26:34 UTC 2002

Dear Info-CHILDES,
  Antonella Sorace and her colleagues at Edinburgh with the support of
advisors from throughout the UK have submitted a proposal to host the IASCL
meeting in Edinburgh in 2008.  You can read the text of the proposal at
http://childes.psy.cmu.edu/html/edinburgh.htm
I think that most people will find this an excellent proposal.  I am hoping
that we can act on this proposal at the IASCL business meeting on July 19th
at Madison (4:30-6:00), so please take a look at the proposal, if you can.
We will also have some printed copies available, but please try to read the
proposal now and send me questions in advance if you have any, in the
interests of saving meeting time.  I am not currently aware of any other
proposals for sites for 2008.
  The other topics on the agenda will include:

Election of new Officers
Election of a new Nominating Committee
Treasurer report
Publications report
Report on plans for IASCL 2005 in Berlin

In addition, there may be particular issues that individual members would
like to include on the agenda.  If so, please send me a note regarding these
issues so we can include them.  Many thanks.

--Brian MacWhinney, IASCL President