Thank you.

Hua Lin hualin at usc.edu
Fri Mar 1 07:46:14 UTC 2002

Hi.
I sent a request for reference of Chinese Ba-construction, causation and
verb compound a coup of days ago.
Here I just want to say thank you to those who gave me a lot of helpful
information.
I also post the references I got, in case someone will be interested in too:
********************

Li, P. (1993). The acquisition of the ZAI and BA
constructions in Mandarin Chinese. In: J.C.P. Liang & R.P.E. Sybesma
(eds.) From classical 'Fu' to 'Three inches high': Studies on Chinese
in honor of Erik Zurcher. Leuven/Apeldoorn: Garant Publishers,
103-120.

Li, Ping (1991) 'zai and ba constructions in child Mandarin', CRL Newsletter
(vol 5, no. 5)
  San Diego, CA: University of California, San Diego.

Cheung, Hintat (1992) The Acquisition of BA in Mandarin. Doctoral
dissertation. University of
Kansas.

Cheung, Hintat and Li Hsieh (1997) "Learning a new verb in Mandarin chinese:
the effects of affectness condition and phonological shape", Journal of
Chinese Linguistics vol. 25,
no. 1

Cheung, Sik Lee (1990) "The acquisition of locative constructions in
Cantonese"
 Papers and Reports in Child Language Development 29.

Cheung, Sik Lee (1991) "The notion of result in Cantonese children"
 Papers and Reports in Child Language Development 30.

Cheung, Sik Lee (1998) "Causative verbs in child Cantonese"(?) in Eve Clark
(ed)
Proceedings of the 29th Child Language Research Forum. Stanford: CSLI.

Ingham, R., Fletcher, P., Schelleter, C., & Sinka, I. (1998). Resultative
VPs and Specific Language Impairment. Language Acquisition 7, 87-111

Lee, T. H-T. (1996).  Theoretical issues in language development and chinese
child language.  In Huang, C-T., James & Li, Y-H. Audrey (ed.).  New
horizons in Chinese Linguistics.

Best,
Hua Lin
hualin at usc.edu