CLAN for OS X and Unix

Brian MacWhinney macw at cmu.edu
Sat Mar 9 02:54:51 UTC 2002

Dear Info-CHILDES,
  CLAN is now available at childes.psy.cmu.edu in a couple of new flavors.
One is the "carbonized" form for Macintosh OS X.  There are still a few
rough edges here and there in this version, but I have been using it for a
week now without too many problems.  OS X users may also be interested in
noting that Praat is also available now for OS X.
   The second "new" form is for Unix.  About 6 years ago, we distributed
CLAN regularly in Unix source code form.  Now, with the increasing use of
Linux and BSD under OS X, we are making it available again.  A Linux
makefile is included, but you will need to make your own makefile for other
versions of Unix.

-- Brian MacWhinney